The Calgary Police Foundation does not raise money by phone solicitation.
Calgary Police and the Calgary Police Foundation have been contacted by members of the public with numerous complaints of rude and aggressive phone callers attempting to solicit funds for youth charities.
The Calgary Police Foundation wants to assure the public these calls are not made by the Calgary Police Foundation and they are not made by police officers.
The Calgary Police Foundation is a not-for-profit which raises money to fund youth programs to keep kids safe from crime, however it does not engage, nor has it ever engaged, in phone solicitation.
In an effort to address concerns, members of the public are urged to take extra caution when speaking with someone claiming to represent the Calgary Police Foundation, the Calgary Police Service, or claiming to be a police officer.
The Calgary Police Foundation:
- never employs telemarketers to solicit money
- never asks for your credit card over the phone
- never engages in rude, aggressive, or confrontational behaviour
- always adheres to a very friendly and professional code of conduct
- always encourages you to contact us with any questions about fundraising initiatives or our programs
The Calgary Police Foundation is passionate about keeping kids and families safe. It raises money to fund dynamic youth programs geared towards crime prevention, education, and early intervention.
For any inquiries:
Tara Robinson, Executive Director